Organizations achieve their missions when they bring the right talent to the task. The Himmelfarb Group helps nonprofits, foundations, academic institutions, and others working in the public interest do just that.
We manage searches for executive-level and other key staff.
- The Himmelfarb Group is among the premier retained executive search firms serving the public interest community in the Midwest and nationally.
- We reach broadly and beyond our clients’ usual circles, to identify outstanding candidates; we manage a process that moves smoothly and quickly.
- Our rates are competitive and our timelines aggressive.
We consult on talent and human capital questions to public interest organizations large and small, to governments, and to academic and cultural institutions. We can help you with:
- leadership needs assessment
- planning for change: succession, consolidation, merger, or growth
- executive search planning
- salary surveys and analysis
- executive orientation, on-boarding, goal-setting and performance review.
We customize limited sets of search services to provide important support to organizations whose budget realities make this an attractive alternative. Past examples:
- coaching a board or staff so they can more successfully manage their own search;
- advising on the form and content of a position announcement;
- reaching out broadly to identify a group of qualified candidates;
- screening résumés and/or doing initial candidate interviews;
- making in-depth reference calls for finalist candidates.
The Himmelfarb Group brings the twin perspectives of two decades of executive search experience and a combined 60+ years of public interest work to the task of advising our clients. We know both talent and organizational dynamics; our understanding of the critical relationship between the two is key to our effectiveness. Susan Himmelfarb, principal of The Himmelfarb Group, welcomes your call to explore ways in which our services can support your work.